Polish Cognitive Linguistics Association Conference 2019
The Polish Cognitive Linguistics Association (PTJK/PCLA) is pleased to announce its annual 2019 conference to be held from 26th September till 28th September in Bialystok, Poland. The conference will be locally organized and hosted by the Institute of Modern Languages of the University of Białystok.
PCLA is an affiliate of International Cognitive Linguistics Association (ICLA). Please visit PCLA website for more information.
PCLA conferences are held annually to provide an academic platform for cognitive linguists to present their research findings, exchange ideas, share experiences and research results, explore opportunities for collaboration, and recognize outstanding achievements within their scientific community. We hope that the 2019 PCLA Conference will attract the best minds, and bring together researchers and scholars in the cognitive enterprise. The three-day conference will be held in English and Polish.
- Professor Alan Cienki – Department of Language, Literature and Communication, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Professor Dagmar Divjak – Department of Modern Languages & Department of English Language and Linguistics, University of Birmingham, UK
- Professor Jeannette Littlemore – Department of English Language and Applied Linguistics, University of Birmingham, UK
- Professor Jordan Zlatev – Centre for Cognitive Semiotics, Lund University, Sweden
You may expect an update in the Second Call for Papers (including presentation and publication guidelines).
Alan Cienki – Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam,
Dagmar Divjak – University of Birmingham,
Małgorzata Fabiszak – Uniwersytet im. AdamaMickiewicza w Poznaniu,
Dirk Geeraerts – Katholieke Universiteit Leuven,
Adam Głaz – Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej wLublinie,
Elżbieta Górska – Uniwersytet Warszawski,
Marcin Grygiel – Uniwersytet Rzeszowski,
Beate Hampe – Universität Erfurt,
Martin Hilpert – Université de Neuchâtel,
Iraide Ibarretxe-Antuñano – Universidad de Zaragoza,
Henryk Kardela – Uniwersytet MariiCurie-Skłodowskiej w Lublinie,
Zoltán Kövecses – Eötvös Loránd University,
Ronald W. Langacker -University of California,
Barbara Lewandowska-Tomaszczyk – Państwowa WyższaSzkoła Zawodowa w Koninie,
Agnieszka Libura – Uniwersytet Wrocławski,
Jeannette Littlemore -University of Birmingham,
Günter Radden – Universität Hamburg,
Farzad Sharifian – MONASH University,
Waldemar Skrzypczak – Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernikaw Toruniu,
Elżbieta Tabakowska – Uniwersytet Jagielloński,
Marjolijn H. Verspoor, University of Groningen,
Krystyna Waszakowa – Uniwersytet Warszawski,
Jordan Zlatev – Lund University
The Conference organizers in collaboration with the editors of the peer-reviewed, indexed journals published by the University of Bialystok will invite the authors of selected conference papers to submit their manuscripts. Accepted papers will appear in special issues of the following journals:
- Studies in Logic, Grammar and Rhetoric, a Scopus indexed journal (papers in English),
- Crossroads. A Journal of English Studies (papers in English),
- Białostockie Archiwum Językowe (papers in English and Polish)
- LaMiCuS, a journalof the Polish Cognitive Linguistics Association. (papers in English and Polish)
We will ensure that the selected papers undergo a review process while maintaining the regular editorial, refereeing and revision standards of the journals.