We invite abstracts (as well as your ideas for poster and theme sessions) to be sent to the Organising Committee email using the form at the bottom of the page.
Papers should fit the Cognitive Linguistics framework and address topics that include, but are not limited to:
- cognitive grammar
- cognitive semantics in the broad sense of the term,
- metaphor and metonymy,
- conceptual blending,
- prototypes and categorization,
- image schemas and force dynamics,
- embodiment and socio-cultural situatedness
- cognitive sociolinguistics,
- cognitive semiotics,
- multimodality (cartoons, comics, gesture studies, etc.)
Your abstract should make it clear that your research lies within the cognitive linguistics enterprise. Please refrain from any self-identification in the abstract. Do not include your name and affiliation in the main body of the text. Abstracts of no more than 500 words (including references) should be submitted via the conference website (see our contact information). We also encourage you to send your ideas on theme/poster sessions by 15th January, 2019 (ptjk2019[at]uwb.edu.pl).
Authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection by 31st May 2019.
Please see the attached stylesheets:
Venue: Faculty of Philology, University of Bialystok, Poland
Plac Niezależnego Zrzeszenia Studentów 1
- Theme/poster session proposals: January 31, 2019
- Second Call for Papers (including call for participants in the theme sessions): February 28, 2019
- Abstract submission: May 15, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: May 31, 2019
- Conference fee payment deadline: June 30, 2019
- Conference programme disclosure: September 2, 2019
- A trip to Supraśl: September 28, 2019